- From Ridge to Reef
- Designed for Snorkelers
- Australia: Cruising the Great Barrier Reef
- Bali to Komodo by Boat
- Belize: Snorkeling & Coral Reef Ecology
- Bird's Head Seascape Whale Sharks & More
- Honduras Bay Islands
- Palau: Snorkeling the Rock Islands
- Raja Ampat Archipelago by Liveaboard
- Raja Ampat & Spice Islands Cruise
- Raja Ampat: Snorkeling & Whale Watching
- Solomon Islands by Liveaboard
- Wildlife Encounters
- Scuba & Snorkel Flex Trips
- American Wilderness
- Volunteer Vacations
- Belize: Turneffe Atoll Bottlenose Dolphin Research
- Belize: St. George's Caye Sea Turtle & Manatee Research
- Belize: Coral Reef Monitoring at Turneffe Atoll (scuba)
- Belize: St. George's Caye Coral Reef Research (snorkeling)
- Whales of Guerrero Research Project
- Ulithi Atoll: Community Conservation Program
- Family Trips
- Trip Calendar
- Whale Watching
- Support Us
- About Us
- Contact Us
Raja Ampat Archipelago by Liveaboard
designed for snorkelers
Dive in to the epicenter of global marine biodiversity aboard a traditional Indonesian schooner.
- Raja Ampat is at the heart of the Coral Triangle and considered by many to be the best marine destination on Earth.
- Travel comfortably aboard a traditional Indonesian schooner with spacious common areas and two tenders with sturdy dive ladders.
- Explore fish-filled walls and soft coral gardens. Nudibranchs abound!
Named one of National Geographic Traveler's 50 Tours of a Lifetime in 2010!
Located in Indonesia’s West Papua Province, the Raja Ampat Archipelago is at the heart of the most biodiverse marine region on Earth—the Coral Triangle. Largely unexplored by scientists until recently, new marine species are being discovered here on a regular basis. Reefs here are not only the world’s most biodiverse, but they are also some of the most pristine. More than 500 species of coral and more than 1,300 species of fish have been recorded here.
Our trip takes you on an exploration of this remote archipelago aboard a 134-foot motored schooner. Selecting ideal snorkeling sites daily, we will immerse ourselves in diverse and unique marine habitats, exploring multiple islands. Morning excursions will provide opportunities to see the equally diverse bird life, including the magnificent Red Bird of Paradise, Kingfishers, and Sea Eagles.
We snorkel along mushroom-shaped rock islands, which harbor miles of hard and soft corals. In addition to snorkeling in aquamarine waters, we also explore some of the larger islands of the region including Waigeo whose lush green forest is inhabited by many variets of bird and animal life. We enjoy strolling along white sand beaches, and at Gam Island there is a possibility to see the magnificent Bird of Paradise.
Accommodations are aboard a 23-passenger, 134-foot-long motored schooner featuring twelve air-conditioned cabins with their own complete en-suite facilities. The saloon is air-conditioned and offers a comfortable setting where participants can enjoy the library and socialize. It is spacious and attractive with large surrounding windows allowing continuous views of the spectacular outdoor topography.
With daily diverse snorkeling opportunities, combined with a mix of island exploration, this is one of the best remote snorkeling expeditions possible.
Don't miss our other Raja Ampat liveaboard trips:
Day 1-2: USA - Jakarta
Depart USA, cross dateline; arrive in Jakarta and overnight in hotel.
Day 3: Jakarta - Sorong
Continue to Sorong, West Papua.
Day 4-10: Exploring Raja Ampat Archipelago
Explore the islands of Batanta, Penemu, Waigeo, Gam, Mansuar, and Kiri both above and below the surface.
Day 11: Sorong - Jakarta
Debark Sorong, West Papua, transfer to airport for flight to Jakarta and overnight.
Day 12: Jakarta - USA
Transfer to airport fly to USA.
Receive a $500 discount when booked with one of our Bali to Komodo Cruise.