- From Ridge to Reef
- Designed for Snorkelers
- Australia: Cruising the Great Barrier Reef
- Bali to Komodo by Boat
- Belize: Snorkeling & Coral Reef Ecology
- Bird's Head Seascape Whale Sharks & More
- Honduras Bay Islands
- Palau: Snorkeling the Rock Islands
- Raja Ampat Archipelago by Liveaboard
- Raja Ampat & Spice Islands Cruise
- Raja Ampat: Snorkeling & Whale Watching
- Solomon Islands by Liveaboard
- Wildlife Encounters
- Scuba & Snorkel Flex Trips
- American Wilderness
- Volunteer Vacations
- Belize: Turneffe Atoll Bottlenose Dolphin Research
- Belize: St. George's Caye Sea Turtle & Manatee Research
- Belize: Coral Reef Monitoring at Turneffe Atoll (scuba)
- Belize: St. George's Caye Coral Reef Research (snorkeling)
- Whales of Guerrero Research Project
- Ulithi Atoll: Community Conservation Program
- Family Trips
- Trip Calendar
- Whale Watching
- Support Us
- About Us
- Contact Us
Micronesia: Ulithi, Yap & Palau
from ridge to reef
Snorkel Micronesia’s stunning reefs and experience vibrant local cultures on this multinational expedition.
- Miles of healthy coral reefs in crystal clear water showcasing a diverse landscape of marine life including sea turtles, sharks, and manta rays.
- Visits to the famous Jellyfish Lake and Rock Islands (Palau), a new manta ray sanctuary (Yap), and sea turtle nesting beaches (Ulithi).
- Our partnership with the people of Ulithi Atoll gives you special access.
Our multi-country exploration of the western Pacific will expose you to the pristine reefs, clear waters, tropical landscapes, and vibrant cultural traditions that have lured adventurers here for centuries.
Miles of coral reefs with white sand beaches, secluded lagoons, sea turtles, sea birds, and clear waters that abound with coral and colorful tropical fish are some of the reasons to visit remote Ulithi Atoll. Located northeast of Yap, Ulithi consists of one of the world’s largest lagoons surrounded by 36 tropical isles, four of which are inhabited. A former military base, Ulithi only recently opened for public use and we invite you be pioneers exploring this breathtaking area.
Our 12-day coral sea adventure begins with five days exploring Palau’s unique Rock Islands, beautiful green mushroom-shaped islets set in an azure lagoon. We visit the best shallow water snorkeling sites within the coral lagoon while experiencing the wonder of “rainbow’s end.”
We then continue to Yap, known as the best place for seeing manta rays on a consistent basis. The reefs and channels surrounding the landmass are home to a spectacular array of fish and corals.
The Yapese and the Ulithi community continue to practice their traditional lifestyle, and our program will include a cultural tour and opportunities to see the local crafts of the island.
From Yap, we fly to the remote coral atoll of Ulithi, home to nesting hawksbill and green sea turtles, coconut crabs, and seabirds such as frigates and boobies. Our comfortable beachfront lodge on Falalop Island offers beach snorkeling, and serves as a base for coral reef snorkeling excursions and day trips to Turtle and Lizard Islands. The idyllic lagoon is teeming with life and the reefs are so pristine that you may be one of the first to have explored them.
Throughout the expedition, we stay in comfortable, double occupancy rooms with private baths. Snorkeling excursions are aboard privately chartered boats. Micronesia is known to have 300 species of corals and 1,000 species of fish, and we will have an opportunity so appreciate some of this region’s renowned biodiversity.
Day 1-2: Honolulu - Koror, Palau
Fly across the international date line to arrive in Koror, Palau.
Day 3-7: Palau
Daily snorkeling trips in Palau's reef complex, picnic lunches at Rock Islands' beaches. One day to explore jellyfish lake, and one tour to visit Palau's cultural sights.
Day 8: Koror - Yap
Afternoon snorkel to search for manta rays in the new Manta Ray Sanctuary .
Day 9: Yap - Ulithi
Afternoon beach snorkeling.
Day 10-12: Ulithi Atoll
Full days for snorkeling in pristine waters with many reefs still untouched. We will likely be the only visitors in the entire atoll. One day to visit to nesting sea turtles and to snorkel at the remote Turtle Islands.
Day 13: Ulithi - Yap
Morning beach snorkel; afternoon flight to Yap.
Day 14: Yap
Cultural and natural history tour.
Day 15/14: Yap - Honolulu
Fly to Honolulu crossing international dateline, gain a day.